Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Fooda operates in ten major US cities and plans to continue its expansion across the United States and internationally.
The Dining Supervisor position is critical to the success of Fooda cafeteria. Based out of Chicago, this role will be responsible for managing a team of dining associates as well as the day-to-day operations of the food hall.
Who You Are:
- You love building relationships and enjoy customer service
- You are optimistic in the face of problems and you’re capable of finding solutions quickly and effectively
- You are very organized and detail oriented. Type-A personality is a plus!
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with the capability of managing work independently
- Quick thinking on your feet and no problem is too big or small for you
- You do not wait for direction and are always looking for ways to improve
- Prior experience in large food service or enterprise catering preferred
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree in addition to two to three years of relevant experience
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Day-to-Day operations of a single-unit location with multiple stations on a daily basis
- Ensure the “Service Experience” of Fooda is consistently offered to all customers
- Monitor the set up, restock and breakdown of cafeteria daily
- Oversee daily arrival and set up of all restaurants – holding them to Fooda Standards of Service and Sanitation
- Inventory management and ordering of grab and go food products, beverages, and snacks
- Bi-monthly inventory and P/L accountability
- Ensuring all customers are rung up and properly charged for goods purchased
- Update and maintain POS software and database on a daily basis
- Recruit, schedule, and train of hourly staff
- Weekly accounting responsibilities and accurate entry into Fooda systems
- Escalate issues to Director when necessary to keep them informed or help problem solve
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Pre-Tax FSA health and transit accounts
- Weekly company meeting and happy hours
- $5 lunch discount and if thats not enough, a smorgasbord of food while you work (seriously, it’s a lot of amazing food)
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.