Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Fooda operates in 13 major US cities and plans to continue its expansion across the United States and internationally.
Who We Are Looking For:
The primary focus of the Fooda IT Support Specialist is to provide frontline technical support to all Fooda team members across the organization, and the hardware and software procurement, installation, set-up and end-user training for all Fooda new hires. The ideal candidate will adeptly assist with technical issues onsite, remotely, via email, and over the phone. The IT Support Specialist must demonstrate an aptitude to troubleshoot technical issues, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and a willingness to learn new technologies and abilities. This individual is also responsible for the office maintenance of the Chicago headquarters, including conference room set-up, A/V, HVAC, and other office duties.
Who You Are:
You are geeky about technology and an avid Mac user. You have a couple years’ IT support experience and are ready to be THE go-to person in a rapidly growing start-up. You are highly organized and customer focused, and ready to branch out on your own as the solo IT support specialist at a company that can offer you opportunities for further growth.
What You Will Be Doing:
- User Accounts: Set-up and maintain users accounts by creating, modifying roles/permissions, and disabling/removing as appropriate across the various systems. Applications include MS 365 for Mac including OneDrive, Dropbox, LastPass, Expensify, Slack. Partner closely with HR to plan for new hire onboarding to ensure hardware and accounts are timely procured and configured.
- Computers (MacBooks) and Other Hardware: Procure, configure, administer, and support end-user devices and company approved applications. Install and upgrade software or hardware, and configure systems and applications as needed/directed.
- Mobile Devices: Assist employees in the set-up of company resources on personal mobile devices, such as email and mobile applications. Troubleshoot as required.
- Telephones: Administer phone accounts and setup hardware for new hires. Troubleshoot as needed. Manage accounts of both users and endpoint devices.
- Additional Support: Set up and maintain email distribution lists in Outlook 365; set up and troubleshoot user accounts in HubSpot, Domo, Litmus (LMS), and proprietary software. Establish and maintain data feed/interfaces between company systems.
- Other Technology: Provide lead support for the installation and stable operation of other related technology components as directed, including but not limited to audio/video equipment, printers, monitors, fobs, and other tools and devices. Procure and track new equipment as required.
- Inventory: Maintain a working inventory of assigned company technology assets and supplies. Monitor and compare purchases and inventory levels to the established budgetary guidelines and obtain appropriate approvals for needed supplies.
- Licensing: Maintain, track, and utilize 3rd party licensing for hardware and company applications allocated in coordination with the Technology team.[JS1]
- User support: Respond to user requests for application, computer, and general technology support in a timely and professional manner with appropriate prioritization and follow-up. Perform appropriate troubleshooting activities, coordinate with internal or external resources to escalate, and apply lessons learned.
- Documentation: Document requests to track time and costs involved with support activities to maintain a knowledge base of known issues and solutions. Track moves, adds and changes (MACs) of users and assets.
- Training: Develop and conduct various training including orientation for new employees and instruction for existing employees on company technology, with the goal of maximizing user efficiency and effectiveness while reducing administrative effort.
- Office Management: Set-up and monitor conference rooms, including Apple TV set-up and TV monitor maintenance. Set up audio/video of weekly all-company meetings. Manage office seating chart, HVAC, electrical and lavatory maintenance and resolve issues as required.
- Discretion: Maintain appropriate confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by end-users on Fooda network and applications.
What You Should Already Have:
- 1-2 years help desk experience and/or high aptitude in technology.
- Associate’s degree or basic technology certifications (MTA, CompTIA, etc.) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Positive attitude and interest in helping others solve problems
- Must be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner
- Expert knowledge of Mac OS and Office 365, required
- Ability to set-up, configure and maintain user devices and company applications and identify and resolve failures, then document and maintain technical operating procedures
- Highly organized in managing multiple requests and priorities without a formal ticketing system
- Willingness to learn and support new systems and applications
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options, based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k matching
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.