Who We Are:
We believe a workplace food program is something employees should love and look forward to every day. Powered by technology and a network of over 1,000 restaurants, Fooda feeds hungry people at work through our ongoing food programs located within companies and office buildings. Every day, each Fooda location is served by different restaurants that come onsite and serve fresh lunch from their chef’s unique menus. Fooda operates in thirteen major US cities and plans to continue its expansion across the United States and internationally.
Who We Are Looking For:
Fooda is looking to add a Staff Accountant to our growing Finance and Accounting Team. The ideal candidate for this position will have several years of experience between public and/or private firms and is looking to try something different. The Staff Accountant will want to provide ideas on current processes in order to streamline and implement new systems. Candidates must demonstrate high energy and passion, and want to continue to be challenged every day.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participate in the monthly financial close including preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement analysis.
- Analyze and report on variances for budget and forecast
- Responsible for general ledger accounting, including but not limited to: billing, collections and cash application; accounts payable and vendor payments; fixed assets, cash and intercompany.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports.
- Responsible for audit requests such as balance sheet recs and other analyses.
- Research and analyze accounting issues as they develop.
- Provides advice and assistance to the VP of Finance in analyzing and interpreting financial data and reports.
- Assist in improving the accounting and financial reporting process by helping evaluate processes and implementing changes.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently; strong research and analysis skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
What You Should Already Have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Accounting
- Public accounting experience is a plus. CPA preferred
- Excellent skills in MS Word and Excel
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Quickbooks and Quickbooks Online a plus
- Must be able to exercise discretion and maintain confidential/sensitive information
- Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Attention to detail and ability to be thorough in completing tasks
- Desire to help to automate, streamline and document processes
What We’ll Hook You Up With:
- Competitive market salary and stock options, based on experience
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k matching
- Daily subsidized lunch program (ours!) and free food and beverages in the office
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a work experience
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No phone calls or recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.