Who We Are
Do you get tired of visiting the same handful of lunch spots around your office? If so, you're not alone! Fooda partners with trendy local restaurants to provide awesome food at reasonable prices to employees while at work. We’ve built a technology platform for employees to easily buy tasty lunch every day, and for restaurants to get access to new, loyal customers. Fooda is a proven, venture-backed, growing startup with an experienced team.
Based in Chicago, Fooda is looking for a District Manager of Café Operations to provide top-notch service to enterprise clients.
The District Manager of Café Operations position is critical to the success of Fooda cafeteria. This role will be responsible for the oversight of efficient & profitable day-to-day operation of a multiple café locations. This job position requires the regular practice of independent judgment call based on the daily performances of all job tasks at hand.
Who You Are
- You love building relationships and enjoy customer service
- You are optimistic in the face of problems and you’re capable of finding solutions quickly and effectively
- You are very organized and detail oriented. Type-A personality is a plus!
- You must have a background in P/L and comfortable with numbers and data
- Previous account management experience with a focus on enterprise clients
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset with the capability of managing work independently
- Quick thinking on your feet and no problem is too big or small for you
- You do not wait for direction and are always looking for ways to improve
- Prior experience in large food service or enterprise catering preferred
- Ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in addition to three to five years of relevant experience
What You’d Be Responsible For
- Day-to-Day operations of multiple café locations with multiple stations on a daily basis
- Bi-monthly inventory and P/L accountability of all café sites
- Ensure the “Service Experience” of Fooda is consistently offered to all customers
- Monitor the setup, restock and breakdown of cafeteria daily
- Oversee daily arrival and set up of all restaurants – holding them to Fooda Standards of Service and Sanitation
- Inventory management and ordering of grab and go food products, beverages, and snacks
- Ensuring all customers are rung up and properly charged for goods purchased
- Update and maintain POS software and database on a daily basis
- Recruit, schedule, and train of hourly staff
- Weekly accounting responsibilities and accurate entry into Fooda systems
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience
- 401k matching
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Pre-Tax FSA health and transit accounts
- Weekly company meeting and happy hours
- $5 lunch discount and if that's not enough, a smorgasbord of food while you work (seriously, it’s a lot of amazing food)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No recruiters please.
Fooda provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fooda complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.